Monday, January 5, 2009

Ode To Sheepie

He is very much loved by Tinyman. Where he is, Sheepie is there also. Sassy Pants got him at a yardsale this past July for a quarter, and Tinyman quickly claimed him as his own. I have no idea what draws Tinyman to sheep, but he loves them! I mean, what is so great about sheep? They have no defense mechanisms and they are not a highly intelligent animal. And when is the last time you saw a sheep roll over or beg for food? But Tinyman LOVES them, especially this particular stuffed one. Sheepie has met many adventures in his short life with Tinyman. He has lost an ear, (which I had to sew back on because Tinyman had deflated his head by picking all the stuffing out.) he's taken many baths with Tinyman, gone swimming quite a few times in the lake with Tinyman, built sandcastles and has had his turn at being buried in the sand,he's a treasure chest of sorts by Tinyman stuffing items inside his body cavity, he's been on roadtrips, camping trips, including the always memorable "Moose Island" adventure, had his "teeth" brushed, eaten at the dinner table and even had an emotional and daring rescue from being plunged into the ocean. (Steph - do you still have the video from that?) What else makes this sheep special? He barks, licks your face and is very loved by my precious 3 year old.

1 comment:

hannahw said...

Oh my gosh, I love these. I adore children with their stuffed animals and often include them in photo sessions. I love them so much that I have THIS book: http://www.amazon.com/Creature-Comforts-People-Security-Objects/dp/0618118640/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231531368&sr=1-2
I absolutely love it (photography and stories).