Thursday, January 15, 2009

4th of July Part 1

We went camping over 4th of July weekend in the woods on Northern Maine. My parents, sister and brother in law and 2 nephews came with us. We rented out a very rustic* 8 person cabin. It came fully stocked, including a friendly bat which we named Bruce Wayne and a HUGE spider ( which greeted my brother in law ON HIS ARM the first morning he awoke!) which we named Peter Parkman. Oh yes, we were a close bunch. Einstein and I decided to sleep out in the tent on a deflating mattress to avoid the noise sucking snoring of my father inside the cabin. The weather was amazing! Here are pictures from our first day there. There was a small "parade" for the kids, which the girls thought was just "awesome". After the kids all got a 4 wheeler ride, leaving Tinyman behind. (he was a bit sad but he WOULDN'T go on the 4 wheeler!!) There was some swimming and of course a beautiful sunset and sparklers to finish off our first day there. My favorite part of the cabin was the deer-hoof gun rack. How much more redneck can you get than that??!!?? Part 2 to come later tonight.......











2 comments:

Bethany said...

Despite how rustic it is there, I still love it.

hannahw said...

Fun! I really like that second shot with the sparklers- it's great!