Monday, January 19, 2009

4th of July Part 2

(above) Lord Of The Flames.......

The other half of the pictures from our camping weekend. I realized something- I didn't get ANY of my parents or my sister and her husband! :-( But I did get some good ones of the kids and their activities. We did a LOT of exploring. And swimming. The weather was beautiful and so was our destination. There is no electricity, just generators which they run in the morning from 6am-9am and again from 6pm to 10pm. it's actually really nice! Everything gets nice and quiet at 10am. I really want to go back again next year. We did get Tinyman on a 4 wheeler. Well, *I* got him on one- as long as I was driving. He seemed to like it ok... there were beautiful types of birds in the birdhouse and the owner was a magnificent gardener! Amazing pots and beds of flowers everywhere you looked. A nice clean lake and quiet campground with lots of hiking trails. We met a nice guy Forrest while up there and he took my Dad on a 3 hour 4 wheeler ride around the lake. My dad said it was one of the best trails he's ever been on! I think that was the highlight of his trip! :-) We had our good friends come up for the day and really enjoyed their company. All in all, a wonderful weekend filled with laughter and giggles, and memories were made. And that's how I define "The good life" here in Northern Maine.











No comments: