Wednesday, January 21, 2009

For MckMama

****************** I added this cute little guy after the original post to show another example. Top one has the hue/saturation tool, the bottom one doe not************************

I have found a new blog that I check *daily*. She has 4 small kids like myself
( although hers are much smaller!! You can become a new fan of her humorous blog by going to: http://www.mycharmingkids.net/
She is very refreshing to read and has wonderful stories but is so down to earth. I know she lives in New England somewhere, just not sure where.
So MckMama- this post is for you! I have used the hue/saturation tool before but didn't know you could take it off "master" and move the colors individually! So a BIG THANK YOU to that my fellow blogger and photographer. I only moved the saturation up a bit on "master" but quite bit on "blue" and a bit on "yellow". I see a big diference in the pictures. The top one is much "warmer" while the bottom (original) seems very "flat" to me. This is not the best example but it's the best I could find and I'll be sure to post another one when I take pictures of my kids playing outside in their snow tunnels tomorrow!



Above is the one I bumped the saturation up on, the bottom is the original.
( which I did use "levels" and "curve" tool on already)

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I Love the one of Joshua at the top. He looks so much like his dad in those pics! Thanks for posting those and reminding me to call his mama!

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad you enjoyed my tip. Yes, it was fun for me when I discovered I could take the adjust color off of "master," too! I think you did an especially nice job with the first photo! Thanks for letting me know to hop over here:)