Sunday, December 14, 2008

Bedtime Whispers

Last weekend I took Sassy pants to the Big City for her birthday. She brought 2 friends along with her.We'll call friend #1 Mother Hen and friend #2 Miss Mag. The girls has had a busy night of parades, dinner with cake and ice cream, giggles, jumping up and down while riding in the elevator, a swim in the pool and soak in the hot tub and of course snacks and a movie. It was pretty late by the time they were going to sleep. Like, um, midnight. So they all got tucked into their queen size bed they were sharing and started to say good night. Miss Mag started to miss her mommy so the following conversation pursued, in whispers:

Miss Mag: do you miss your mom?
Mother Hen: Oh, a little. But I'm ok. How about you? Do you miss your mom?
Miss mag: Yeah.
Sassy pants: Mom, Miss mag misses her mom.
Me: That's ok if you miss her. how about you girls pray for miss mag?
Sassy Pants: OK......( a silent pause occurs)
Sassy Pants; Please don't cry Miss May. I don't like it when people cry.
Mother hen: Yeah, me either! Think of all the fun we're going to have tomorrow: We get to go to church and see our friends, we get to go eat chinese food for lunch and then we get to go to Build A Bear!
Miss May: Yeah, we're going to have a lot of fun...I'm ok now.
Mother Hen: Well, we should get some sleep or we're going to be REALLY tired tomorrow!
Sassy Pants; yeah, we should.
Mother Hen: Well, I love you!
Miss mag: I love you too!
Sassy Pants: I love you too!


As I laid there in bed, I was so thankful for this tender moment that I'll always remember. How the Lord has not given my daughter just friends, but Sisters in her life and they share a love for each other that is truly special.

No comments: