Friday, July 18, 2008

Day 2

When we awoke this morning, we headed out to fish till about 9:30. Then we came back for some delicious coffee and breakfast. It was raining so we had a late start to the day.
This is the "Coffee Shop".




There is an honor system for coffee and homemade treats. the coffee was WONDERFUL!! ( Steph, you would just be in heaven!) She only has 1 blueberry muffin left, but if we were patient... this is what awaited us.....



Homemade blueberry coffee cake! ( with fresh picked blueberries no less!) She carved my hubby a slice and brought it out to him! Oh man... it was SO GOOD!






After sitting on the porch for a bit, we headed over to the bath house and had a nice HOT shower. best $1.50 I ever spent.

This hummingbird was having some breakfast so I * tried to* take a picture of him.. boy are they fast little creatures!

After our shower, we packed up and headed up to a dam. then I begged my hubs to let me fish for just a 1/2 hour before we hit the road. He agreed and we hiked in a little ways to a place called "Little Eddy". Huge cliffs, deep ravines.. just amazing! I was sad to leave but our little get away was just what we needed and we really enjoyed each others company! No real big fish this time, but we're already planning our trip back there! I highly recommend Big Eddy's Campground to hikers and fisherman, it's truly a place that grows on you and one place you will not soon forget!

No comments: