Friday, July 18, 2008

Our Trip, Day 1, Afternoon

Man Vs. Tent.....


This was quite a showdown. the tent gave the man a good fight, but in the end, the man won!
Note to Self: Always set up a borrowed tent BEFORE the trip begins.

While He was battling the tent, I took in some scenery. The site was RIGHT on the river. Amazing. The rapids were a football field away from us. I fell in love with this place right away! The owner, Mark, is a photographer so we hit it off right away ( wink) Nice guy, and his wife, Susan, not a bad cook.. but more on her later...

Picture #2 is the path that led from our site down to the water. As you can see, not a very long walk!


Picture #3 are the rapids. ( close-up)

picture #4 is the view from the end of the pathway. Amazing!!!

We fished for about 3 1/2 hours. It was my first time fly-fishing and it grew on me right away! It is really about getting a good rythym and getting a good feel for your rod in your hand. I caught my first fish: salmon about 12 inches long! Super fun! We called it quits around 5pm so we could head back and have some dinner. We had some good time to just sit and talk. At one point I said "Wow, this is weird. We can actually finish a sentence because the kids aren't around!" We laughed about that... we're not use to all that un-interrupted conversation!


No comments: