Friday, July 18, 2008

Our Fishing Trip, Day 1, heading out....


Things have been a little stressful lately, especially for my Hubs. SO I planned a surprise get away/fishing trip for us. I have always wanted to learn to Fly-Fish and I decided to go for it. I have a great friend who said she'd watch my kids for us while we went overnight and I took her up on her offer. Everything else just kind of fell into place. So we left Thursday morning around 10am and headed out to Big Eddy Campground located on the West Branch of the Penobscot River. Driving out there was unbelievable. I have never seen Mount Katahdin up close before so when we hit it, we pulled over. I immediately saw a Turkey Vulture circling so I took a few pictures of him.

Picture #2 and #3 are (obviously) mt. Katahdin. Isn't that an amazing view? What a beautiful day it was.

***As a side note- the wildlife out here was crazy! We saw ducks, a family of Turkey Vultures, a Bald Eagle, a Blue Herring and a very confused Seagull!****

My Husband is VERY happy he gets to fish soon.......

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! So glad you had a chance to get away. We're headed to the lake for the week. Call me if you want to come out!