Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gobble, Gobble....

This was my Thanksgiving turkey I made this year. I was VERY happy with how it turned out. I cannot take credit as I got the recipe off Martha Stewart! I stuffed it with homemade cornbread sausage stuffing and smothered the outside of it with butter. Then I took a bottle of white cooking wine and 3 sticks of butter and melted that down on the stove. I then took 4 pieces of cheesecloth and soaked it in the butter,wine mixture and covered the turkey with it. I cooked the turkey at 450 degrees for 30 minutes then lowered the temperature to 350 degrees and cooked until done and basted about every 30-45 minutes. (Total cooking time was 3 1/2 hours) I then removed the cheesecloth and found that beautiful golden brown skin underneath. It tasted amazing and wasn't dry at all! I'm definitely going to be cooking my turkeys this way for a long time to come.
I also made an awesome gravy that I received off Martha Stewart's website. If you are interested in the recipe, email me and I'll send it to you. It was the BEST gravy I have EVER made!

Hope your Thanksgiving was a blessed one!

No comments: