Monday, August 25, 2008

vacation 1, day 2.. Grand Finale!

My friends husband had to motor out into the water to find calmer waves. He had a bilage pump on board but keeping it ashore would asure it's sinking. There was another boat from the island across the way that came over to help. my friend and I stayed with hte kiddos and fed them jiffy pop popcorn and my husband took a little hike across the island to find a safer coves to dock the boat in. About 30 minutes later we found oursleves hiking with the kids through the woods to safer waters so we could be rescued. My friends father had come out to see if we were ok and joined in with the rescue. Now the kids were having a blast and had no idea just how much of a pickle we were in! I wish I could have been that nieve :-)































And here are the heroes we married. They went BACK to the island and rescued all of our stuff after we discovered the weather forecast had changed and the winds were not going to let up. My husband said coming back from the island the lake had huge waves. Like 4 feet deep, 4 feet across.. just amazing. We met them at the boat landing and they had all of our stuff in huge garbage bags all bungeed down.. my first thought was the Grinche's sled after he had robbed whoVille of all their stuff. Did we really carry that much out there? And did I mention they were soaked?? My poor husband had to WADE into the water carrying a big bag above his head because our friend couldn't bring the boat any closer to shore due to ginormous waves and possible sinking..... what mighty men we have! And, they NEVER complained about it. I quickly grabbed my husband a dry change of clothes and after, snapped this shot of them all safe and dry by the now infamous boat. I find it ironic that my husbands shirt says "there's no place like home" in computer language. how thue this statement was after this long adventurous day.

How blessed are we to have friends like this. We just took the day as it came and kept our sense of humor. There is no other couple I would've rather shared this experience with. We are surely bonded for life because of it. This day will not be quickly forgotten and our friends will always have a special place in our hearts because of it.
So in honor of our day in Moosehead, I'm dedicating James Taylor's "you've got a friend". this is for you J & S :-) So glad to have shared this with you. And I hope that we bless you as much as you bless us!

1 comment:

Snuffygirl5 said...

As soon as I heard the song start playing, I was getting teary. It was awesome even though it didn't turn out the way we had planned. You guys are the best :)