Sunday, May 17, 2009

He Swept Me Away.....

on a romantic overnight to the "big" city! Our Monkey took our picture before we left.
She has quite an eye!
We ate dinner at a place called "Thistles" and it was absolutely fantastic!




They had fresh bread with garlic oil for dipping....


And the BEST coffee we have ever had. They served it with sugar cubes- so fancy!






The table was set for two with silver and black accents.....

A little votive for "mood"


And a live Jazz Band! (That was our personal favorite)









I know I have problems when I take pictures of my appetizer.....




desset was... oh... words just can't describe~
That raspberry sauce was to-die-for!!
















A view of the city from our room. This was just for fun. I didn't use a tripod- and I took it through our window.....
The red streak you see are actually tail lights from cars. Cool, huh?


We stayed at The Hilton. It was so beautiful. Here is just one of the lounges they had. Doesn't it look so cozy?

And my favorite- a BIG beautiful chandelier~
They served a beautiful breakfast. I didn't take my camera to breakfast, but I wish I had. You should have seen Einsteins plate! He loves breakfast.


We had to leave pretty early to get back home but it was so nice to get away with my husband. It was just what we needed in our very blessed, but busy life we have!

1 comment:

J said...

These are beautiful shots of the restaurant.

Sounds like an amazing time.