Wednesday, May 20, 2009

GoodByes Are Hard......

****WARNING!! This may make you cry. So grab some tissues or go to another blog if you don't want to get emotional. I wanted to share this part of my life, as hard as it was, because it's important to me... and because it's my blog and I can do what I want here! ****

This is my wonderful, bubbly, beautiful, fellow-homeschooling friend. Her husband lost his job when his Mill closed. They are moving to Washington ....state. Yes, across the country.... this Friday. To say I will miss her would be the understatement of the year. But I know that "There is a season for everything" and I know the Lord has BIG plans for them.

But I'm still sad.

She has such a kind, sweet husband who's been a great friend to mine.



And 2 VERY handsome, sensitive, articulate bright boys who have been fantastic friends to my kids.


And she has a little girl on the way... due in September......



Her boys love her so much. She is such a fantastic Mommy to them.



They came today to say goodbye.

It was very, very hard.


We tried so hard not to cry.
We failed.



We will miss them horribly.

I'm so thankful for Facebook, blogs, emails and telephones.

But they won't be right down the road anymore....


Or in church on Sundays.....

"B" is a wonderful Sunday school teacher with such a gift with children.

There will be a gigantic now hole in our Children's Ministry.

She has been there for me so many times. She is a friend who will cry with you and then tell you you have mascara running down your cheek.


Or if you have something green stuck in your teeth....


She brightens every room she enters and will surely bring a smile to your face.


And I know I'm not the only one who will miss her and her family......


I pray the Lord brings them back at some point in the future. I know He has plans for a future of good things and is leading them to green pastures. What an adventure awaits them!!


But I am still sad.

I will miss my friend.

I LOVE YOU "B"!!!!


Now where's the chocolate.........


5 comments:

Bethany said...

balling my eyes out. Thank you so much for all your kind words and the beautiful pictures. The one of Calli and I really made me cry.

Unknown said...

Sigh... This is a beautiful and truthful entry about such a special family. The pictures are beautiful of that very sad goodbye. Trying not to cry... again. Bethany is one of a kind and I, like you, are proud to call her my friend and will miss her more then I can put into words. The people of Washington are going to be mighty blessed!

Teish said...

OK, I'm officially crying now too. I have chocolate here at the house if you need some Sara. Love you.

sarasusen said...

We can share some Monday Teish. Love you too!

hannahw said...

this is so nice Sara.